Vice President, Software Development
MVC Team Lead
2015 - 2022 :: Doxim, London, Ontario
Direct end-to-end operations related to efficient portfolio management of public-facing applications, including Payment Processing, CRM, Reports & Analytics, and Retail and Commercial Loan Origination/Account Onboarding platforms, reporting directly to CTO. Lead a high-performance team of 80+ engineers, QA, product owners, and technical support staff across India, Canada, and the United States. Spearhead development and deployment of corporate-wide KPIs for engineering and IT teams while collaborating with key members of executive management. Oversee several M&A functions, involving opportunity identification/review, Q&A sessions, and documentation of risk factors. Liaise with team leaders and product management teams to ensure seamless prioritization and execution of daily tasks. Serve as the key point contact for customers to get them connected with subject matter experts, ensure prompt resolution, and confirm on-time deliveries while meeting set expectations.
- Initiated policies to decrease the escape bug count by 40%.
- Introduced and implemented stringent QA controls for coding and SLAs for bugs.
- Reduced time-to-build by achieving automation in software development and testing.
- Promoted digital transformation by converting the CEM application from Windows to SaaS.
- Aided in the recruitment of qualified talent for executive roles in security, compliance, and M&A.
- Attained 37% performance gain in the weekly build process through the deployment of tactical strategies.
- Increased headcount for the CEM team from 2 to 50 and payment team from 1 to 60 on/offshore developers.
- Managed development of Payment product through merger and acquisition of two newly purchased companies.
- Devised and deployed initiatives to ensure adherence with security standards, PCI, SOC, WCAG, and OWASP.
Senior Web Developer
2013 - 2015 :: DigOnline.ca, London, Ontario
Delivered exceptional leadership support and effective oversight of the Software Development team for eCommerce and custom solutions. Led review of assigned tasks and aided account managers with quotes and project management. Aided team members by leveraging deep dive insight on key technologies, including Classic ASP, C#, ASP.NET WordPress, PHP, and Front-end development from Adobe Illustrator to HTML, MS SQL, and MS Access.
- Gathered requirements, conducted needs analysis, and Prototyped ideas/new technologies.
- Managed deployment and maintenance of internally built SaaS application, Franchise Software Systems.
- Engaged with high-value clients, including CameraCanada, Medifast, Peel CAS, and Binoculars Canada.
- Spearheaded planning and integration of PayPal with classic ASP sites and AWS, Amazon Market Place, and appointment scheduling software services.
2012 - November 15, 2013 :: THINQ Technologies, London, Ontario
Oversaw functions associated with Software Architecture, Design, and Development (ASP). Directed full lifecycle related to administration of 4 eCommerce Sites. Steered seamless maintenance of hardware and IT Infrastructure. Headed day-to-day activities, involving project management, Search Engine Optimization, Analytics, disaster recovery, Web site and SQL Optimization, data center management, infrastructure improvements, Web site modernization, and phone system/network management.
- Led successful automation of Online Catalogue Updates.
- Managed development and implementation of new technologies and applications to improve process efficiencies and user experiences.
Senior Software Developer / Support, Link+ Corporation
Supervisor of Development & Senior Software Developer, Buckland Customs
Senior eCommerce Developer / Business Needs Analysis, ICINITI / Coligo