Oct 2016 - Present :: Doxim, London, Ontario
Building enterprise software used by Credit Unions and Wealth Management companies in North America is the key objective of the R&D team. We are creating cutting edge solutions for loan origination, account opening and CRM allowing our customers to scale quickly.
Tools used daily include, but limited to:
- - SVN and Tortoise
- - Microsoft Visual Studio
- - Microsoft SQL Server
- - Jira
- - Claizen
- - SuccessFactors
MVC Team Lead
Feb 2016 - Oct 2016 :: Doxim, London, Ontario
I was working with a team of 5. Planning, designing and building SaaS products and solutions for Credit Unions using Microsoft MVC, HTML, AJAX, jQuery, VB.NET and SignalR.
- Mentoring and helping fellow developers with all elements of SaaS and cloud application development.
- Perusing the quest of well written and easy maintainable code bases.
- Assisting the recruitment process to find the best candidates.
- Developing processes surrounding code repository and best practices with my development team.
MVC SaaS/Cloud Developer
May 2015 - Feb 2016 :: Doxim, London, Ontario
Daily Development Tasks:
- SignalR, HTML, jQuery, VB.NET, MVC, Ajax Development
- Research and implement new technologies
- Implement 3rd party APIs
- Mentor and guide developers
- Code Review
- Implement and promote best practices
July 15 2014 - May 2015 :: DigOnline.ca, London, Ontario
As a Development Manager I was responsible for:
- Keeping track of what resources are available to work on projects.
- Employee Evaluation and retention
- Quality and Timelines
- Support the Account Managers with their quotes
- Prototyping solutions
- Supporting the development team
I was also still developing web projects myself. My position was about 60% development and 40% management.
Senior Web Developer
November 18 2013 - May 2015 :: DigOnline.ca, London, Ontario
- Classic ASP
- C# / ASP.NET
- PayPal Integration
- LINQ to SQL
- Microsoft SQL
- StoredProcedures, Views, Functions and more
IT Manager / SEO / Social Media
2012 - November 15, 2013 :: THINQ Technologies, London, Ontario
I am responsible for the following:
- Manage IT / Programming department
- Support existing IT infrastructure and applications to ensure up time and improve efficiencies
- Develop and implement new technologies and applications to improve process efficiencies
- Develop and implement web based initiatives such as Search Engine Optimization and Social Media
- Work with existing teams to facilitate the execution of various marketing initiatives
Senior Developer / Support ( Server, Web & Desktop Applications
2000 - 2004 / 2009 - 2012 :: Link+ Customs Broker, London, Ontario
I was employed as a Senior Developer. Current and past projects include
development of a client portal, redesigning existing web applications and
building data parsing programs.
I was responsible for redevelopment of the BP2000 Customs software from a ASP web
application to a Windows Single Click Deployed application. Most of my current
work is done in C#, ASP.NET, SQL and XML. I lead and mentor one other developer.
I have also worked with sales staff to establish new reports and worked with our
Exports staff to implement XML data upload modules that are specific to
My recent projects include integrations to Synergize, GFI Fax Server, UPS, FedEx,
Purolator, DHL with our existing brokerage software. I had also created a bar code
scanner application on the Windows CE platform, which connects, wirelessly to web
Supervisor of Development and Lead Developer (Server, Web & Desktop Applications)
2007 - 2009 :: Customs Brokers, St. Thomas, Ontario
I was working as a Lead Developer using ASP.NET,
JAVA and SQL2005. The Project involved developing a ASP.NET application that would
interface with Canadian Customs using both CADEX and EDIFACT messages. This project
includes a Security Gateway, ASP.NET User Interface and communication software to
send and receive messages.
I had 2 developers under my direction at various stages
in their career. I mentored, project managed, reviewed code and construct project
As a Lead Developer I am often involved in meetings with
senior management, play a lead role in applying for Research and Development grants
and work with software users.
- YAFFLE – a program, which tracks system idle time, login and log off events of a user’s system. Used as attendance tracking and In/Out Board.
- XML file splitter – Splits files by record count and reformats XML tags that are usable by a 3rd party software
- US e-Manifest System – Help trucking companies get security clearance before the truck arrives at the border.
Senior Web Developer / Business Needs Analyst (Web Applications, eCommerce)
2004 - 2007 :: ICINITI Corporation, London, Ontario
Senior Web Developer for using ASP.NET. Developing e-commerce
solutions for large and small companies. Manage personal projects,
develop new modules, support existing projects and train customers.
I often talk to clients to determine their needs and write statements of
work which are to be understood by developers and non-developers.
- Help achieve a standard development product to develop websites from. Project known as BaseProduct.NET
- Developed tools and interfaces that aid in the management of the e-commerce sites.